Find A Lender In Your State!
- Appears to be basic tribal based lender.
- Site updated with pricing. States not listed.
- Tribe based. Since 2012.
|$750||Maximum First Loan|
|Apply by Phone|
|HTTPS (SHA-2) encrypted|
|State licensed lender|
|?||BBB issues unresponded|
|?||BBB all issues|
Tremont Lending is a tribal based lender regulated by its tribe's laws and is not state regulated. The Payday Hound generally prefers state licensed lenders versus tribal lenders as state licensing may provide an additional layer of oversight. The advantage of tribal lenders is they are often willing to make loans to residents of states where other lenders do not. In many cases, these tribel lenders may be your only choice for a short term loan.
The Tremont Lending application process is simple and quick. The minimum requirements for approval are below:
- You must be able to present your income history for the previous 3 months, and have your income directly deposited into your bank account.
- You must have an open bank account that accepts ACH deposits if you choose the option to receive your funds as soon as the next business day.
- You must be able to receive phone calls at home and work.
- You must not have other unpaid cash advances that, combined with the advance you apply for with us, equal more than 60% of your take-home pay.
- You must not have had unpaid, uncollected or charged off cash advances from other cash advance lenders in the last year.
- You must read and agree to all terms in the Terms and Conditions.
- You must complete all required fields of the Online Application.
Having good credit is NOT a requirement. In other words, if you have bad credit or no credit you may still qualify for a loan.
Tremont Lending loans are not cheap. Their pricing on their website states their loans have a fixed APR of 495% for loans of up to $750 with a payback period of 6 biweekly or semi-monthly payments (depending on when you are paid). Payments are due on scheduled dates per the loan agreement. If you choose to pay back the loan early a rebate of the remaining interest will be calculated and credited back to your account.
According to Tremont's website your payment method will depend on how your choose to receive funds. Regardless of the method payments are due each subsequent payday until the loan is paid off. If you received your cash via electronic payment then Tremont Lending will withdraw a payment from your bank account via ACH transaction on the due date. If you received your cash via mail/paper check, then you must write a paper check and mail each loan payment. Please be aware that interest begins accruing on the date Tremont issues the check for the loan proceeds. Tremont Lending states it is not responsible for any delays or lost checks related to the USPS.
Tremont Lending is owned and licensed by the Big Valley Band of Pomo Indians, a federally-recognized Indian Tribe, and is a Native American business operating within the exterior boundaries of its Reservation. If you are not comfortable doing business with a sovereign entity, then Tremont Lending may not be a good choice for you.